When it comes to cleaning areas or items around the house we typically look for the store bought bottle of some kitchen, bathroom, or all purpose cleaner, when right at home we have a safer non-toxic cleaner in our pantry. Vinegar is one of the best multy use cleaners we have in the home, it's also one of the most eco-friendly products we have. I have listed below a few items that can and cannot be cleaned using vinegar.
- Carpets - a mixture of vinegar and warm water to blot out stubborn stains usually does the trick.
- Upholstered furniture - similar to carpets just a little warm water and vinegar.
- Windows - looking for a streak free clean.
- Laundry - freshen up laundry by adding a cup to the fill cycle of laundry
- Garbage disposal - a cup of vinegar and a cup of ice down the running disposal will break up stubborn food particals and have it smelling good.
- Granite - vinegar will dull and eat away at this porous material
- Clothes Iron - this will ruin the iron
- Hardwood floors - vinegar will eat away at the wood.