Fall is here! Driving around town today our local nursery pumpkin patch is looking ripe for a bountiful harvest. It got me thinking about one of the most loved pies during the autumn season. Pumpkins Pies!
The smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger really spice up our home with a great fragrance. Let Carmel You've Got Maids usher in fall with a great clean for your house. With your clean kitchen and free time, your family will have the time to enjoy this fall twist on America’s favorite pie. Check out this recipe for a great pumpkin ice cream pie treat.
PUMPKIN ICE CREAM PIE
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, Butter, and granulated sugar in bowl; press into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack, then freeze until ready to use.
- Vanilla Ice Cream in bowl with electric mixer on low speed, just until softened. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. Turn into prepared crust and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.