It’s not too late to winterize your home. No doubt about it, it’s downright frigid outside! This winter’s subzero temperatures has brought in the new year with a blast. A blast of artic air that has most of the country in a deep freeze. Keeping warm is a must! Keeping your palace insulated from this deep freeze is essential to your comfortability.
From You've Got Maids of Virginia Beach, here are our top five tips to reclaim your homes’ warmth while saving your wallet.
1. Wrap plumbing pipes and outdoor faucet with insulation.
2. Weather strips doors and windows - check windows to make sure they are in the locked position this provides a tighter seal and reduces incoming drafts. Double locking doors can also provide a tighter seal around them.
3. Turn on and drip faucets indoors - a flowing faucet will keep the water in your pipes flowing. Outdoor faucets if not covered should be set to the lowest steady stream of water therein not causing the faucet to burst.
4. Change AC/Heating unit filters - dirty filters restrict airflow causing the unit to work harder thus increase your energy bill. Tip: mark the install date on your filter and also on your calendar.
5. Don’t adjust your thermostat - don’t turn it up so you could walk around in shorts and a t-shirt, this can be very costly. Instead maintain thermostat at a constant setting. If you feel a chill in the air put on a sweater, it can warm you up 2-5 degrees depending on the thickness.