The day has finally arrived! The day your little ones have been waiting for all year long and maybe yourself. Here, in the Hampton Roads area kids can't trick or treat unless they're 12 or younger and while start times could vary, it all ends at 8 p.m.
Here at You’ve Got Maids of Virginia Beach we love this time of year. Little superheroes, ghost and goblins come by trick or treating, they all look so cute in their costumes. But, on this day there are a few hazards we all need to look out for while Trick or Treating.
Kids should eat before heading out to help avoid snacking on treats
Discourage kids from eating candy while trick or treating
Walk with a flashlight as it gets dark before you know it
Only go to homes that are well lit with their porch light on
Look for yard and driveway debris that may be a trip hazard
Watch for candles in walkways, steps or on porches that may catch costumes on fire
- Check the weather and dress appropriately.
- Choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
- Look for candy with peanuts or any other food allergy that your little ones may be allergic to.
- Look carefully at every item for wrapper tampering.
- If any fruit is received, check for bruises and spots that indicate damaged. Also look for any hazards (razor, shards of glass, blades, needles) that may be hidden.
- Check out this great video for a few more tips.
You’ve Got Maids of Virginia Beach wishes everyone a safe and fun filled Halloween night. May all you little trick or treaters baskets be filled with treats and joy in their hearts as they delight in this most ghostly of a holiday. Call You’ve Got Maids at 757.932.5326 TODAY for your FREE estimate! Happy Trick or Treating!