With the summer heating up and your electric bills getting higher because your air conditioner is working harder than usual I have made a list of a few things that can keep your house cool and bills lower.
- Keep your blinds closed as this will keep unwanted sun rays from heating your home.
- Close doors to unused rooms to prevent cool air from getting trapped.
- Turning ceiling fans on high and set to rotate counter-clockwise.
- Turn on bathroom fans while showering will suck out the hot damp air, same goes for the kitchen when cooking.
- Grill outside, this will help with not turning on the hot stove.