Ten Ways to Clean Green
Each and every pantry should have these essential items that can help with green cleaning around your home.
- White vinegar: An antifungal that also kills germs and bacteria.
- Baking soda: Eliminates odors and works as a gentle scouring powder.
- Borax: Eliminates odors, removes dirt, and acts as an antifungal and possible disinfectant.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Great nontoxic bleach and stain remover, as well as a proven disinfectant.
- Club soda: A stain remover and polisher.
- Lemon juice: A pleasant-smelling nontoxic bleach, grease-cutter, and stain remover.
- Liquid castile soap: An all-purpose cleaner, grease-cutter, and disinfectant.
- Corn meal: Great at picking up carpet spills.
- Olive oil: Furniture polish.
- Pure essential oils: Adding all-natural, organic essential oils to your cleaning concoctions can add wonderful scents to your housekeeping endeavors. Some—such as lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and tea tree oils—also may have antibacterial, antifungal, or insect-repelling properties.