How to Clean Your Dryer Vent
Allow your dryer to perform efficiently, while keeping your home safe.
You clean the lint out of your dryer's lint trap every time you dry you clothes. Did you know that there's still excess lint that get traps in your actual dryer vent? You need to clean it out at least twice a year to allow your dryer to perform as well as at possibly can. Click through and check out How to Clean Your Dryer Vent. We step you through a simple process that'll allow your dryer to work even more thoroughly.
- Save on your electricity bill, and speed up your drying cycle at the same time.
- You'll be preventing a common cause of house fires, while making your weekly laundry process even faster.
- Brush out the vent with the recommended tools, and vacuum up what is left.
We show you how to live an energy efficient life, without any of the extra hassle.
Deodorize Your Washing Machine Naturally
Even your washing machine needs to be washed sometimes!
Your clothes are going to smell great after you follow our simple cleansing process. The interior of your washing machine is the perfect place for bacteria, limescale, and detergent to build up. These relatively inoffensive elements can create a funky environment if you forget to routinely purge them. Follow our natural process, and we'll show you how to skip the harsh chemicals entirely. Discover How to Deodorize your Washing Machine Naturally by clicking the prior link.
- Two, maybe three natural ingredients will cure your laundry woes.
- Set it, and forget about checking it until your time has past.
- These steps require very little active cleaning. You're just adding the ingredients. It's like baking, but significantly less delicious.
Be sure to check out the rest of our tips to keep your laundry room smelling fresh and looking great.
What Is a No Waste Alternative to Dryer Sheets?
Your laundry doesn't have to be a mystery, know what you're putting in your clothes.
Your clothes are about to dry faster and smell better than you ever thought possible. You no longer have to wonder what exactly they put into those dryer sheets that make them work so well. In fact, there's a good chance that you've never even thought about your dryer sheets except when you have to run to the store to pick up more. Click through this link and read about a product that you'll never have to toss in the trash, What Is a No Waste Alternative to Dryer Sheets?
- Your clothes will dry faster when you use these instead of the traditional sheets, they help the dryer's heat to reach every bit of your clothing's surface area.
- You can personalize them with your favorite essential oil scent.
- All natural, and zero waste - what more can you ask for in a household product?
You've Got Maids will keep you feeling healthy and happy in your home.
How to Use 18 Essential Oils in Your Laundry
Essential oils will make your clothes smell fresh, and the added benefits will impress you.
What's your favorite flower? How about your favorite fruit? You'll be able to smell your favorite scents whenever you want to, when you start to use their essential oils in your weekly laundry. If you read the back of your laundry detergent bottle you'll notice that mysterious phthalates and other chemicals are becoming integrated with the clothing you wear every day. Find a safe, naturally based laundry detergent that you can spice up with your favorite essential oils and then follow our guide on How to Use 18 Essential Oils in the Laundry.
- Zero harsh chemicals, let's stick to fresh flowers and gentle soap.
- Personalize the essential oil blend to create the exact scent that you love.
- You'll be surprised by some of the additional benefits that these oils will offer you, read the blog to find out more!
Try basing your first blend around lemon and eucalyptus, it's a bright combination that'll get rid of all dirt.
How to Create an All-Purpose Cleaner With Essential Oils and Vinegar
Skip the harsh smell of pure vinegar, and make your kitchen smell like lavender instead
DIY all-purpose cleaners can be even more effective than what you may purchase at the store, and you'll have the comfort and security associated with creating a product from scratch. You will know what exactly the cleaner is composed of, and it's not too much. You'll also get the thoroughly incredible disinfecting and deodorizing power of vinegar without having to suffer through those rough fumes. Click How to Create an All-Purpose Cleaner with Essential Oils and Vinegar to follow our simple guide for making your own all natural cleaner.
- Customize your cleaner with any scent you can dream up
- Vinegar can be used to clean nearly every appliance in the kitchen, we'll go through them
- There's a few things that vinegar shouldn't touch, and those get discussed as well.
You'll use this cleaner in every area of your house, so check out our Ultimate Guide to Naturally Cleaning Your Kitchen.
How to Organize Your Laundry Room
Clean up the clutter, and you will clear up your mind
Laundry rooms can be a source of unbridled chaos if there aren't any systems in place. Having designated guidelines for taking care of whites, darks, colors, and even your lost socks will allow you to focus on the things that really matter. You don't need to waste your mental energy worrying about the mounds of laundry waiting for you to complete. Check out our organizational ideas on our guide, How to Organize Your Laundry Room.
- Organization creates order, and creates an environment for a peaceful state of mind.
- These steps require very little effort, but you'll receive a huge amount of difference.
- Laundry doesn't need to be a source of stress. Follow our systems, they work and you'll like them.
Organizing your home will free up your time so you can spend it how you really want to.
How to Remove Pilling From Your Clothing
Your clothes deserve to be free
of Pilling, and we'll show you how.
Your favorite piece of clothing will eventually develop something you regret. Maybe you'll get a hole in it, perhaps it'll rip, maybe it'll get burnt, but it will probably just begin to pill. Pilling happens when delicate articles of clothing meet an abrasive source. We'll show you exactly how to remove the pilling and prevent it from happening in the future. Give our blog a read, How to Remove Pilling From Your Clothing.
- If you have a razor, a pumice stone, or even an electric fabric shaver - you're in luck.
- Use this method on your clothing as well as your furniture.
- Consider our steps when washing your clothes, and you'll prevent pilling.
Show off how great you look, while you show off how great your house looks. The next time you feel like hosting a group of friends for a dinner party, call in You've Got Maids. We're sure to impress.
5 Effective Natural Alternatives to Bleach
Naturally effective, and sure to do the job.
There are too many safe alternatives to spend your time worrying.
Bleach has been the powerhouse of laundry rooms across America for decades. However, we are becoming more aware of the products we use on a daily basis. This positive switch in consumer culture allows your family to feel happy and healthy in their home, and our maid service provides this same level of comfort. Spend a few minutes learning how to make your home a healthier place to live, 5 Effective Natural Alternatives to Bleach.
- You'll learn how, and why bleach works the way it does.
- Get ready for a minor chemistry lesson, it'll make things much more clear for you.
- Our list begins with 5 safe alternatives, but there's countless other options out there for you.
Living a healthy life starts by making decisions that you can incorporate into your every day lifestyle.
Is Borax Safe for Cleaning?
7 Effective Uses for Borax
Let's dive a little deeper into this topic.
Commercially sold Borax is a dehydrated mineral, and the properties are surprisingly safe to use in your home if you choose to use it appropriately. It has a long history of different applications: it's been used in cosmetics, detergents, soap, fire extinguishers, fiberglass, ceramic glazes, and most importantly to us, cleaning products. It naturally occurs over time due to the evaporation of lake water, and California is one of the largest harvesters of this helpful compound.
- We'll take a look at the chemical compound, and why it can be an effective cleaning solution.
- You can read through our list of 7 easy household uses for Borax.