Depending on what area of the country you live in, spring can often bring the onset of humidity and as a result, mold can certainly become a pesky factor in homes when that happens.
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), good tips for removing mold on non-porous materials are:
- Remove any obvious moisture from the area.
- Fix any plumbing leaks.
- Isolate the molded area from the rest of the space it has infiltrated.
- Thoroughly scrub mold off of non-porous materials with soapy water or Timbor. Thoroughly dry the area after scrubbing.
- Dispose of any and all porous materials that were used to clean or any carpets and coverings that have come in contact with any mold.
- The cleaner should be wear protective clothing (full sleeves and pants) as well as an appropriate mask with a strong safety rating to avoid breathing in damaging spores.