To keep bacteria from multiplying it is important to refrigerate food quickly. Your refrigerator should be set at 40 degrees and your freezer at 0 degrees. Keeping foods cool will keep bacteria at bay. Here are a few helpful hints from You’ve Got MAIDS Sarasota to help you keep your cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze prepared foods and leftovers within two hours after the meal is complete.
- Never thaw food at room temperature.
- Food should thaw in the refrigerator, under cold water or in a microwave oven.
- Divide leftovers into small portions so they can cool more quickly.
- Give Your Refrigerator a thorough clean inside every twelve weeks
Bacteria can't be seen, can't be heard but can be deadly. Taking the right precautions in the kitchen and in your food preparation can make the difference between sickness and health. Why not book a special Pre-thanksgiving “Kitchen Clean”, from our fixed price A la Carte cleaning menu and we will include the inside of your fridge as well. Call Marion on 941 979 8462 and with Ionator technology we can clean, sanitize and disinfect your kitchen before your guests arrive. Limited space remaining. We are taking calls today until 12 noon or click this link for an on line estimate just mention A la Carte in the comments box so we know you’re interested in the Special deal. We are Keeping Kitchens safe in Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, North Port, Venice Nokomis and Osprey.