Going green is easy and responsible, it can also save you tons of money in wasted energy costs. I have made a list of things you can do around your home that can change the amount of energy used and in return save you in the wallet.
- Dimmer switches - installing dimmer switches can reduce the amount of energy a bulb uses and will increase the bulbs life.
- Outdoor lighting - install motion sensors to keep the lights from staying on needlessly through the night.
- Thermostat - install a programmable thermostat to prevent you from turn it up and down all the time
- Windows/doors - weather stripping can prevent air from getting in and out.
- Dryer - clean the lint screen after each load helps the dryer work correctly
- Washer - wash clothes in cold water