Food Safety Tips For The Up-coming Holiday Weekend! Labor Day Weekend is right around the corner, and most families are either hosting a cookout or attending one.
Here are a few Food Safety Tips to make your entire weekend enjoyable.
1. Clean all your produce. I personally let my produce sit in water for about 5 minutes, then I rinse thoroughly.
2. Keep all your cold food, cold. The FDA recommends to "Refrigerate or freeze meat, poultry, eggs, seafood and other perishables within 2 hours of cooking or purchasing. Refrigerate within 1 hour if the temperature outside is above 90ºF".
3. Wipe all counters/surface areas often while managing your foods, and cooking.
4. Wash your hands before and after handling any food items.
5. When grilling use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature. Check out the safe food temperature chart provided by the FDA