Efficient Dishwasher Usage
The dishwasher is a life changing device for many people, and using it correctly to maximize its effectiveness is important. Taking a few major issues into mind when filling up your dishwasher will save you a lot of cumulative effort in the long run. You'll never have to rewash any of your dishes if you take the necessary precautions. Take a look at the list below, and you'll be able some common issues that may be associated with your dishwasher.
Check out our exhaustive list of environmentally safe cleaning methods on The Ultimate Guide to Naturally Cleaning Your Kitchen. If you benefit from these following tips, you'll definitely enjoy our other helpful cleaning tips.
- Overloading - We all think if we cram more stuff into the dishwasher it will save on energy and water waste. This is wrong, over loading the dishwasher will only have you sending items back through another cycle.
- Dish Arrangement - Take your time loading your dishwasher so that you can be sure there isn't a lot of overlap. Make sure plates face inward and the bowls and pans face downward.
- Detergent - I like the little detergent pods, but make sure you put them in the correct place as theses are intended to be slow released during the dishwashers cycle.
- Use the Correct Cycle - If your dishes are very dirty, make sure to use a cycle that treats them accordingly. You don't want to run it on a light cycle if the dishwasher is packed full to capacity. If you choose to, you'll have to wash a large number of the dishes by hand at the end of it all. There's no fun in that!
- Clean the Dishwasher Trap - If you look closely under the lower sprayer, you'll notice that there is a piece that is removable. There's usually food or even other strange objects that can get trapped in there. Clean it out regularly if there's an odd smell coming from your dishwasher! We'll include another step towards making your dishwasher smell fresh near the bottom.
- Incorrect Items - Never put cast iron, wood, fine china, or hand painted items in the dishwasher as this can result in damaging the items. Watch out for thinly made glass as well - it can shatter easily when you remove it from the dishwasher.
- Run an Empty Dishwasher with Vinegar - This works in the same way that running a pot of vinegar through your coffee maker. It cleans, sanitizes, and naturally deodorizes the machine. Just make sure to place a single cup of vinegar in there. Don't put your all of your other dirty dishes in there as well!
Let You've Got Maids do the dirty work for you. We'll free up hours of time that you can spend with those you love. Don't waste your time cleaning every surface in your house, spend time with your family doing things that you love. Click the picture below.