At You've Got MAIDS® we are proud of our commitment to green cleaning and eco-friendly products. Parents love it for their kids and their furry ones too! We've also found some great ways that you can make your entire home free of toxins as well after our initial eco-clean.
According to "The Spruce", a great place to start is with the very air that your family is breathing. Here's a highlight of considerations:
1) Wooden furniture: Just say no to anything plastic and furniture heavy with varnishes.
2) Energy-efficient lighting: Decrease your carbon monoxide exposure and minimize the greenhouse effect in your home with a smart choice of energy efficient LEDs.
3) Energy-efficient windows: Let the sun shine in, and let that natural air penetrate your sacred space. Open your windows wide, refresh and renew!
4) Decorative (and life giving) plants: Breathe easy while you surround yourself with the beauty of plants such as peace lilies, bamboo palms, aloe vera, spider plants, Dracaena, snake plant, and chrysanthemum. These are known to remove benzene, formaldehyde and xylene (carcinogens and irritants).
5) Organic Wool-Stuffed Materials: Say NO to the dreaded mites that can cause asthma and allergens.
We're adding our own You've Got MAIDS® recommendation to this list. We use HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuums and they differ from conventional vacuums in that they contain filters that are capable of trapping extremely small, micron-sized particles. A true HEPA filter can trap 99.97 percent of all airborne particles larger than 0.3 microns. We take eco-friendly cleaning seriously.
Want more info? Contact Us. We look forward to helping you and your family breathe easier.