Don’t you want to breathe cleaner air? Do you or someone in your home suffer from allergies? According to the EPA mold can float around in the air, being invisible to the naked eye. So, you, your family, pets and any guess that comes into your home maybe breathing in toxic air.
Mold loves wet, damp and moist areas where there spores can grow and multiply. Molds can cause an immediate or delayed allergic reaction if inhaled or touched. For those with asthma, mold can also cause them to have an attack.
Mold & Mildew lives in places like old newspapers, wallpaper, under sinks in cabinets, around windows and everywhere in bathrooms (ceilings, shower walls, doors, cracks and crevices around faucets and knobs).
They are many over the counter product that you can buy to treat mold and mildew. But here are a few home “maid” solutions:
Note: Avoid breathing in mold or mold spores, put on a pair of rubber gloves and safety glasses/goggles. Also be sure that you are wearing clothing that you would not mind ruining.
1. Mix 1 cup of chlorine bleach and 1 gallon of warm water in a bucket. Use a bristle brush with the mixture to scrub the mold and mildew off the surfaces, repeat as necessary. When finished completely rinse and dry thoroughly.
Note: Never mix bleach with ammonia. It produces poisonous fumes that if inhale could put you in the emergency room.
2. Mix and 1 cup of borax and 1 gallon of warm water in a bucket. Use a bristle brush with the mixture to scrub the mold and mildew off the surfaces, repeat as necessary. When finished completely rinse and dry thoroughly.
Note: For tough hard to get out mold and mildew let the mix solutions sit for a few hours before scrubbing, repeat as necessary.